Sunday, August 23, 2015

Destination Unknown

Image Source: Tumblr


City lights twinkling in the background
Rain pours down all around me 
I walk barefoot through these streets
The honking of vehicles seems like blasphemy

My ears seem to have shut out the mad world's din
I allow the raindrops to pour down on my face
Mixing with the teardrops clinging on my eyelashes 
My wet clothes sticking onto me like a second skin

My feet have started bleeding 
Have I stepped on a shard of broken glass?
Why then is it that I can't feel the pain 
The pain that I so desperately crave?

My heart beats like a caged bird in my rib case 
A dull ache spreading all over my body 
From my fingertips right down to my toes
It feels impossible to move forward, yet I must

I keep walking into the darkness of the night
Not knowing the destination 
One foot after the other, step by step
That's all that I can muster for now



6 comments:

  1. A delightful piece indeed, nice of you to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderfully written! You've brought out the emotions so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journey is a lot harder in some ways when you don't know the destination but the will to move on makes every step stronger.. Awesome piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, K :) The journey is long and sometimes tough. But we have to keep moving forward, right?

      Delete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...