Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q - Qurbani

Image Source

Have you heard the sound of a heart breaking? It's as silent as the first drop of rain on your cheeks. It's as soft as the morning dew under your bare feet when you step outside at dawn, while rest of the world is asleep. 

Heart aches, heart breaks. Does it all feel and sound the same? Is it the sound of melancholy when you sit alone watching the rain pour down? Or is it the deafening silence that replaces the presence of a loved one?

For me, it was the sound of my front door banging shut when you left. It's tremors were felt when I saw you go back to her, the one who broke your heart. It reverberated through my entire body like a physical ache. I knew right at the beginning I could never replace her, but I was there for you, it was the least I could do.

You wanted more, you always did, I was never enough. For you, I was just a friend. You can break my heart all you want, you know I will always welcome you back home when you need me. But tell me one thing, a temporary fixture, was that all I was? A place to linger, but never stay? 


Linking this post to the A to Z Challenge.

22 comments:

  1. Unrequited love is always tough... I feel for her... but I wonder what possibly can she do except move on.

    A Whimsical Medley
    Twinkle Eyed Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only thing that's left to do. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Very well written! I hope you weren't writing about yourself having this heart break.

    betty
    http://viewsfrombenches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! All my posts have a bit of me in them ;)

      Delete
  3. This is so touching! I just hope she moves on and teach him a lesson some day!

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A place to linger, but never stay?" How well written! Heartbreak is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great flash fiction. Comparing heartbreak to drops of rain... wow, it's a powerful image. Good luck with the rest of the AtoZchallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sensitive writing reflecting the feeling of Pathos. Good piece. It was very moving. The choicest words used to describe the melancholy of a relationship that hangs precariously on the rope of moods. Good job. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! This was truly excellent! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart-wrenching! Poor soul! Wish she would move on instead of waiting for him to return, but easier said than done I guess!
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could feel her pain through the words you painted ! Very well written.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...