Saturday, April 23, 2016

T - Tara

Image Source

Flitting in the corners of my mind 
In the spaces between your fingers 
Memory glides in, filling in that empty space
A bygone era, good times and bad 

Teaching me something, always 
Yet it's the ghost of the ones gone sour
That haunt me still, keeping me awake
In crowded rooms and on starless nights 

The slimy wet memory that 
Makes you break out in a cold sweat
Or the smile of an old friend 
Lighting you up from inside 

Broken glasses, stained fingers 
Swollen lips, secret letters 
That swing in the corner of our park
Where we used to sit, holding hands 

Let me go back once more 
Experience it all over again 
Even those tears that were spilt 
Just to feel your hands 
Trace those salt tracks on my cheeks...


Linking this post to the A to Z Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. A soulful poem on Tara and her emotions in a big city, somehow lost in the crowd!

    https://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2016/04/23/a-to-z-trail-the-trail/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful melancholy. I could feel myself melt in with Tara's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful melancholy. I could feel myself melt in with Tara's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that imagery of space between fingers is so beautiful and touching at the same time. You are truly gifted :)

    A Whimsical Medley
    Twinkle Eyed Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words on bygone happy times and memories, the harsh play of time! You are a wordsmith indeed!
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...