Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M - Marriage

Image courtesy: Google
Read the first part here. 

Hari 

My mind is in an inner turmoil as I get ready for my wedding. Have I made the right decision? The person that I chose to spend the rest of my life with; will she be a life long regret later on? 

Wedding jitters, I tell myself. But if these were just jitters, why do I have an impending sense of doom shrouding me? I push these thoughts aside try to and smile and joke with my friends and relatives as they fussed around me. Yet, the thoughts linger around refusing to leave, like a bad aftertaste. 

As I arrive at the wedding venue, I knew that it was almost done. There was no backing away now. I take marriage very seriously. Besides, it is only in movies that you see weddings breaking off at the last minute. Miracles like that simply don't happen in real life. I feel a pang in my chest when I realize that this was exactly what I had wanted, not long ago. 

Life had changed drastically since then. I'm no longer the shy guy who got tongue tied and couldn't string along two sentences even if his life depended upon it, while talking to women. I'm more confident, comfortable in my own skin. She had changed me. 

It was her that I fell in love with. At first sight. The red gown that she wore that fateful night remains a vivid memory in my mind even now. With her smoky eyes and luscious locks, she awakened something deep in me that it was almost an yearning. When she decided to make me the center of her attention, I was on cloud nine. 

The songs blaring out from the wedding hall bring me back sharply to the present. The hall is decorated beautifully. It looks like a scene straight out of a movie. Weddings have always captivated me. However, as opposed to a wedding which lasts just for a day, marriage was a sacred institution, one that I believed should be forever. 

As I watch my bride walk into the hall, I feel a tightness in my chest. If this was what I had wanted all along, why do I feel so guilty? 

To be continued ... 


Linking this post to the A to Z Challenge





50 comments:

  1. Seems like both of them are confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. then the marriage could be a disaster... eager to know what happens next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanging in suspense and left with curiosity...waiting eagerly for next part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I hope theydon't end up taking wrong decisions! Of course, wrongs can be corrected, but not always...hope the next part comes tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Not all decisions can be corrected! Thanks Vidya!

      Delete
  5. I like where this is going and I hope it would be a happy ending. Let's see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I don't know if it will be a happy one :)

      Delete
  6. wondering if it is just pre-wedding jitters or the gut feeling they must listen to...next part, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Titli! Just posted the concluding part :)

      Delete
  7. I like that you brought out his point of view too. It would be interesting to see how this goes :)

    I'm writing M for Marriage too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Love :) Great minds think alike. I loved your post on marriage :)

      Delete
  8. Both are so confused! I wonder where this decision will take them to!

    My Soul to Steal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting read, and waiting for the conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of the times, that is what the state of mind is of the bride and the groom!
    Let's see what happens next..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its natural to have pre-wedding jitters but looks like Hari is more confused than nervous. I think he should back away if he's not sure. Hope he takes a right decision :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. But what if it's too late? :)

      Delete
  12. Bride and groom unsure ... let's hope this is not a bad start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is he so unsure? Waiting for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting. Hope they both make a decision that is right for them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's the mystery, can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really interesting post - thanks for sharing! Enjoying the challenge as a reader and writer! My A-Z today is M is for.... Moorland Mousie, Exmoor Ponies (and I sneaked Ross Poldark in LOL) http://leaningonthegate.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/m-is-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. and now I am wondering who he is marrying!! loved the narration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the next part to find out :) Thank you Raj!

      Delete
  18. Hey that's a compelling narrative and can't wait for next part. I get jittery when I think of the day when I shall tie the knot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ranveer. Do check out the next part :)

      Delete
  19. How different both of our posts are though our theme is same. Confusion reigns here and in mine it is content.
    Eager to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preethi. That's the brilliance of creativity, right? Let me know what you think of the conclusion.

      Delete
  20. Interesting story.. both L and M.. and major jitters for both of them.. Do write about the subsequent events soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shrikant! Just posted the conclusion :)

      Delete
  21. Can't wait to know what happens next! Both are so confused and somehow I can relate to this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to find out what Hari is going to do! Lovely story, building up excitement :)
    You are welcome to check my a-z posts here: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sundari. Hope the final part doesn't disappoint!

      Delete
  23. It is very difficult to differentiate between worry and gut feelings sometimes! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...