Friday, April 17, 2015

O - Onward

Image courtesy: Google


I was absolutely clueless as to what my O should be for. And that's when I thought of Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat Pray Love) and how she signs off on all her posts with onward. Yeah, not goodbye, not cheers, but onward. Life is a journey and it means that we have to keep moving forward, no matter what. 

Onward. Isn't it such a beautiful word? It holds so much of promise and excitement for the future, all contained within our self. It reminds us of the things that we are capable of. Whenever you get stuck in a situation that compromises your happiness, remind yourself that this too shall pass. The trick is to go forward. Without stumbling. 

The bad times in your life is not going to last forever. Tomorrow is a brand new day. So, onward, dear friends :) Make all those dreams yours. 


Linking this post to the A to Z Challenge

29 comments:

  1. Loved the idea :) so much promise in the word, not an ubrupt end like goodbye. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes life is an onward journey and optimism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the typo *abrupt !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute little thought and you've expressed it so well..

    Cheers to Aathira :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it is Avery inspiring word, Onward. Onward Ho !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I like the concept of 'onward' as a closing, though I cannot stand Elizabeth Gilbert. It's a good sentiment.
    ~AJ Lauer
    an A-Z Cohost
    @ayjaylauer on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really is a lovely concept, signing 'onward' :)

    Only Time Will Tell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved that picture you have used :)

    Onward indeed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! :)
    You are welcome to check my a-z posts here: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to mention the picture of the giraffe riding the shark - too cute and perfect for your post :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I like this. Onward, is very encouraging. It means you're looking forward because life is a journey.
    Visiting from A to Z Blog Challenge.
    Shalom,
    Patricia at Everything Must Change

    ReplyDelete
  12. Onward is what I told myself when I had to leave home after too short a break, reach Bangalore at 4 in the morning and get myself to work on a Monday. Onward is what kept me going :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have written very well... Short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...