Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L - Love or Lust?


Image courtesy: Google

Natasha 

I sip my coffee slowly. The Coffee Club is my favorite hangout place in town. Not only do they make coffee the way I love, their brownies are to die for. Today, however, I can hardly taste it. My scalding tongue reminds me that I'm probably drinking my coffee too hot. But I'm too numb to actually feel any of it. 

If someone had told me in the morning that my life would come crashing down today, I wouldn't have thought in my wildest dreams that it would come true. My life was perfect. Until a few hours ago. Till Hari had decided to bring up the dreaded question about our future - where were we going?

When we had embarked on this relationship, neither of us had any expectations. We had lived in the now, shutting away our past and the looming question of future. We were happy in each other's company. When a person you are with has zero expectations from you, you feel strangely liberated. At least, I did. 

Hari brought out a carefree side of me. All my worries would be firmly tucked away the moment I was with him. He brought me red wine on Friday nights, watched countless reruns of Friends with me, whipped me up crispy omelettes just the way I liked it and later at night, made love to me. For me, life was perfect. I loved way he loved me. Fragile, tender love. Or was it simply lust?

I still remember the night I met him. Couple of months back, at a friend's place. It was a housewarming party. A broody, shy guy who wiped his reading glasses with the edge of the T-shirt that he was wearing. As for me, I had broken up with Michael, an on off boyfriend of two years. 

I knew that he could hardly resist my charms. I was looking for something casual, on the rebound. And he was there. That night was the first of many more to follow. Something had drawn me to him after that. He was new in town and I spent all my free time with him, exploring my hometown with him. 

It was couple of weeks back that he had told me that he loved me for the first time. 

No! my heart screamed. I wasn't ready. Will I ever be?

To be continued (For sure, this time)... 


Linking this post to the A to Z Challenge



36 comments:

  1. My poem would seem to complement her thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! I loved your poem :) They seem to echo her thoughts!

      Delete
  2. She may have been on a rebound but Hari sounds like dreamy. I know the feeling, we girls always fall for the wrong guy. Waiting to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Girls often fall for the wrong guy. But is Hari the right guy for her? ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the story and the suspense and lusting after the coffee and brownie :) Hope you don't make us wait for long!!
    "When a person you are with has zero expectations from you, you feel strangely liberated." I couldn't agree more to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Vidya! And no, the next part shall be posted tomorrow :D

      Delete
  4. hmmmmmmm. great combination hot coffee, gooey brownie, dishy guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. interested to see how this develops. Let's hope it's love and not just lust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy! Watch this space to know what it was :)

      Delete
  6. Very interesting, at times people are confused about what they want. Lookind forwards to the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want it to be continued... and I'm craving a crispy omelet now. :D
    My link: http://www.devikafernando.com/blog/blogging-from-a-to-z-challenge-letter-l-love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one Aathira! Looking forward to reading the next chapter :)
    You are welcome to check my A-Z posts here: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one..! I like the way the story is going.. waiting for the next part..!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed this part 1. Be back for more :)
    A to Z blogger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the "for sure this time" at the end. waiting for the next part. ;) sometimes change can be scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah.. Thanks Leo :) Hope the next part doesn't disappoint.

      Delete
  12. Ah! the narration as crisp as the crispy omelet! Hope he can do something to let her realise what's in her heart! and I do hope it was love not lust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Titli! Thank you! I hope it was love too ;)

      Delete
  13. Interesting narration.engrossing plot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe :D Do stick to the for sure part this time ;) I want to read more soon :)

    Like It Happened Yesterdy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love is a feeling that reasoning cannot justify and going with the flow is the best thing. Enjoyed the narration loads:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the last line in particular, "No! my heart screamed. I wasn't ready. Will I ever be?" Is one ever ready for love? ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah the turmoil inside the mind. Off to read the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love is Blind! Deaf and DUMB too! LOl. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. But then LUST is doubly blind Deaf and Dumb! Hope she settles for him. Will she?

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds suspiciously like something close to my heart :P Going on to read the rest..

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...