|Images courtesy: Google|
I have been under the weather and had spent the past week simply doing nothing. In case you noticed, I have been MIA because my nose was leaking incessantly and my voice was a little more than a croak. Even writing seemed like too much of a effort to me. But how I missed it and you all!
Being sick can turn out to be a lonely thing unless you have someone to pamper you left, right and center. Even that can get tiring because you can easily get irritable with all the aches and pains and sniffing. So, here are a list of things that I did when I fell sick. Since almost everyone I know has been suffering due to the change of climate, feel free to give your suggestions too.
1. Reading - Yeah, I caught up on a lot of reading while I was sick. Snuggle up in bed with a good book and catch up on reading those books that you have been meaning to read forever. Also, what better way to lift your spirits than by revisiting your old favorites? I read a Roald Dahl, a Jodi Picoult, an RK Narayan and many more. Find me here on Goodreads.
2. Sleeping - Agree, this is a given when you are sick. But make sure that you get uninterrupted sleep. Turn off all those devices. Yeah, your phone, tablets and laptops. Switch off all the lights and go to sleep! It always helps of you have dark curtains, that way you don't get disturbed by the bright sunlight. Drinking cough syrup made me so groggy that I found it impossible to keep my eyes open and concentrate on what I was reading.
3. Drink lots of chukku kaapi aka dry ginger coffee - This is a bit different from the normal coffee that you drink. This has to served piping hot and it is a blend of a lot of spices like pepper, ginger, jaggery etc. The spicy kick of pepper and the sweetness of jaggery makes it a worthwhile medicine for all your nasal congestion and sore throat problems. This is a miracle medicine, I tell you. I drank like lots and lots of it. The instant chukku kaapi is available in most supermarkets.
4. Catch up on your favorite TV shows - Take the time out and catch up on your favorite TV series. I did some back to back watching of How I Met your Mother, How to get away with Murder and Castle. How to get away with murder - highly recommended. I'm simply in love with the character played by Viola Davis- Annalise Keating. That show is a MUST watch! The only downside is that the first season just got over. So it kinda tests your patience unlike old TV series where you can watch a lot of seasons in one go.
5. Enjoy getting pampered - Yeah, lastly, enjoy all the attention and bask in it :D You should be up and running on your feet in no time. So enjoy it while it lasts! This is the time when everyone around you pampers you. And this also the time when you get to pamper yourself. Not that you have to feel guilty about doing it any time, but still.
So, yup! That was how I spent the past couple of weeks. And I'm feeling much better now :) Also, the graceful Gayu who blogs at Outside the Kitchen Window was kind enough to invite me over to her space and I penned a short story after ages! Writing it made me realize how much I missed writing fiction. You can read it here. Thanks to Gayu once again!
Linking this post to Write Tribe Pro Blogger Challenge.