I got nominated for Liebster Award by the lovely Priya. I'm sorry for the delay in writing this post, Priya. But as they say, better late than than never! The whole idea of Liebster revolves around the words 'kindness' and 'appreciation'. Thank you Priya, for nominating me for this award. Priya, in her own words is a person who studied physics, married and raises kids and has a passion for cooking. She is new to the blog world, but do check out some of her lovely blog posts. She blogs at A pencil and a scrap of paper!
Though I have been in blogosphere for quite some time now, it is only recently that I got active around the whole idea of blogging. I read a lot of talented voices out there who are all unique and special in their own voices.
The Liebster Award Official Rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!
My answers to Priya's questions:
1. Do the characters you create have the impression of your qualities?
Sometimes. Most often, I like to create a world which I dream about!
2. Favorite food?
Chocolate and Ice creams (I know they belong in the dessert category, still!)
3. Do you share your secrets with anyone?
That depends on what the secret is ;)
4. Given a chance to visit
, whom do you take with, parents or love? USA
5. Do you get angry?
All the time! (Bad habit I know, but I'm quite short tempered)
6. What attracts you more, babies or flowers?
7. Do you like to read lengthy posts?
Depends on how interesting it is.
8. What is your unforgettable dream?
I forget dreams when I wake up. (Poof! And it's gone!)
9. Do you apologize verbally, for your mistakes?
Sometimes, yes. (Big headed ego issues here!)
10. Do you like to spend or save?
Both actually. I like to splurge from time to time.
11. What is 'love' according to you?
Love means a lot of things for me. But in short, love is magic. It happens to you and you just know if it's meant to be.
1. My heart turns to mush on hearing real life love stories.
2. Die hard romantic at heart.
3. I have the habit of smelling books before reading them.
4. My dream is to have a room full of books (like a library) at home.
5. I feel people who write and read makes the world a better place.
6. I cook only when I have the mood. Food needs love, much like people and I somehow feel that food cooked without love is bland and tasteless.
7. I dream. A lot.
8. My latest obsession is watching TV shows back to back. I think I need help!
9. I write my name on my books only after I have finished reading them.
10. I still lust over the special payasam (a sweet dish of Kerala, much like kheer) at Vinayaka's.
11. I'm a messy person to live with!
I would like to honor the Liebster award to the following lovely fellow bloggers:
1. Soumya Prasad at LOL: Life of Leo
2. Vinodini Iyer at Ifs buts ands etcs
3. Seeta Bodke at The Write side
4. Juhi Roy at Shiht Zooo
5. Nikita Goel at The Enchantress
6. Sabeeha Parack at Midnight scribbles
My questions to them would be:
1. Your secret obsession?
2. Your favorite smell?
3. What inspires you to write a post?
4. What is your therapy for getting through the lows in life?
5. Which is the destination that you have always dreamed of visiting?
6. Do you think love gives way to reality?
7. What do you love getting as gifts?
8. Given a chance to undo a mistake in life, would you do it or leave it as it is?
9. What do you like to blog about the most?
10. What's the craziest thing that you have ever done?
11. What is the biggest dream for you right now?
My congratulations to all the nominees! Thank you once more Priya! Wishing you much luck and success! Spread the love!