Monday, September 29, 2014

A Writer's Dilemma

Image courtesy: Google

I was ready to tear my hair out in frustration; the very purpose of this visit was lost. Here I was, a struggling writer who wanted some peace and quiet, sitting secluded in my hotel room. 

Just a minor hiccup- I could't write; call it writer's block or simply the lack of creative juices flowing when I needed it the most. 

I was confused, such breathtaking sights outside the window that called out to me and the inability to concentrate on what my protagonist needed, on the other hand. 

The breeze, crisp and fresh, wafted in through the open window, caressing my face; I shut down my laptop and went outside, where hopefully, the answers would greet me. 

9 comments:

  1. The frustration was scary but the calm and the answer in the end seems to be soothing enough :) haha! Wondering who doesn't face this confusion :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shanx :) As a writer, I'm glad that you could relate to it!

      Delete
  2. To be surrounded with such beautiful views and still faced with a writer's worst enemy.. Beautifully penned Athira.. Shutting the laptop and breathing in the fresh air is an excellent choice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vinitha :) Sometimes, the views and the much needed break can do wonders for the writer's soul, don't you think? :)

      Delete
  3. And I bet the answers were outside, waiting. I find that nature inspires me with writing ideas. It could be the case of 'letting go' - lack of control - as in the law of attraction, the most important step in bringing something into fruition. I, too, would be tempted to go out with such a lovely view! And I imagine myself more refreshed, energized, and inspired as a result! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Elly! There are times when you stare at your laptop frustrated. A break from writing can do wonders when you are stuck somewhere :) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. True,...everyone who wants to write faces this situation. Like you said, staying calm is what matters come what may.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita! Yes, there are days when you feel like you have lost it all. A break can be rejuvenating :)

      Delete
  5. A view will never kick-start a stalled brain. Exercise will. Around 30 years ago, the Boston Medical School demonstrated experimentally that
    ' . . short-term memory, concentration, and the ability to react mentally all increased after exercise.'
    I'm a tutor, and insist that my students run, jog, skip, jump in place, or. best of all, do the RCAF 10BX. Total fitness in 10 minutes a day. Your brain will be fit only if your body is.
    The RCAF 10 BX has very interesting charts, they're such fun Just do it !.



    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...