Wednesday, April 27, 2016

X - Xenia

Image Source

The day you made me yours, I gave you everything. Body and soul. I never held back. Love, illogical, stupid, can't-live-without-you love, did that to me. My grey world was suddenly pink. The flowers smelled a little sweeter, the rain drops on my windowpane told me stories, my words turned into art. 

And when you left, a part of me went missing too. I searched for it everywhere; in the scent of your clothes that you left behind, inside your tea mug, on the couch that still carried the imprint of your body, the books that still bore your handwriting.  

It was only later that I realized that what you robbed me of. It was innocence. I would never trust again. And even when I discovered love a second and even third time, the ghost of your betrayal held me back. All it took was years of tear stained pillows and months of therapy and a bunch of friends that I now call family to feel a little bit like my old self again. 


Linking this post to the A to Z Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. They don't get how much it can change you, they never will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbreaks, especially from first-love can be absolutely traumatic! Your words echoed the broken heart's feelings so well. Putting back the pieces together takes time.
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, that felt real. Very real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often wonder what happens to people who walk away? Do they ever find such pure love, again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, at least I like to believe so. But never the same feeling of trust again.

      Delete
  5. This really resonated with me. I don't think you ever fully recover from your first heartbreak...

    @LunaNoctis from There She Goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It changes you as a person. You are never the same.

      Delete
  6. The first love? Ah yes. I remember it well. Funny thing is though if you handle it well, heartbreaks can actually make your heart grow bigger, rather than smaller. Pain isn't fun, but it's very useful and therefore necessary. Nice little post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more. Sometimes it's necessary; you wouldn't be the person you are today if it wasn't for all that has happened to you.

      Delete
  7. Wow.. This just spoke to me ! Perfect description I should say.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...