Sunday, November 16, 2014

End of a Journey

Image courtesy: Magpie Tales

Life as a blur of colors
Rushing past my windows
Those faces inside cars
A mirage of emotions

The street lights stand tall
Guarding like angels
Twinkling their eyes
As I sigh...

The tunnel lies dark
Open wide, the mouth of a beast
Daring me to enter
An enduring test of time

I lose all control as the car skid
The smell of burning tyres
Fill my nostrils
Pungent and strong

The end is near
So painfully close
White lights blind me
And then, everything is still...

This post is written for Magpie Tales- Mag 246 for the above photo prompt. 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Poem. Very well written, at once heart touching. Keep writing Athira, you do write well, well enough to touch hearts.
    God Bless you. I even liked your 10 things that make you happy. I suggested in my comment there that actually it must be 15 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Mr. Parsa! So glad that you enjoy what I write :) I shall check out that post once more! Wrote it long back :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, how beautifully sad this was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to go! Well written poem Aathira: so vividly captured! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line gave me the chills. The sadness is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life truly does pass all too quickly...

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...