Friday, August 15, 2014

Temptation

Image courtesy: Tumblr

Never thought I would say this 
But the day has come to yield 
To temptation, to the sinful present,
And to make tantalizing memories...

I can smell it on your breath,
By the lies you whisper in my ear,
In the unmasked glory in your eyes,
But still I weaken to temptation

Smoke arises from the glowing tip
As you put the cigarette to your lip
And you smile at me
For I have given in to temptation

The pain is sharp but you hold me 
Chained with your eyes, 
Watching my life ebb away
Rejoicing in my wretchedness 

But it now longer matters
My misery is put to rest
As death kisses me with 
The ultimate temptation

20 comments:

  1. I have written about smoke twice! Its an interesting topic. You have done fair justice to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Soumya :) Yes, each time there's a different dimension to it.

      Delete
  2. I like this one...Okey..I had to to read twice to understand this. But that is just because this is too good and I am stupid. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You flatter me :) Or maybe it's because I had no idea what to write ;) Thank you, Red!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anu :) I take that as a good sign ;)

      Delete
  4. Damn, that's intense. I like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Aathira :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely penned. :)
    And yeah, it was intense.

    Also, thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :)

      The pleasure was mine. You have an awesome blog!

      Delete
  7. WOW very well written mam.. thank you for sharing as dumbo's like me need to read such writing to make our own writings better

    thank you

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are now making me feel awkward, B! This was nothing great. Just a random try at something different. I'm humbled reading your comment. But, Thank you all the same :)

      Delete
  8. I usually don't like to read poetry. But this was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you took time to read this one :) Thank you, Pawan!

      Delete
  9. Even when you know death will eat you, temptation is hard to resist. A very well-written aspect of smoke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Darling :) I love reading your comments! They always make my day :)

      Delete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...